Commenting

Hi all! For some reason Blogger won't let me comment if the comment box is embedded into your posts so please dont think I am being rude - I honestly cant comment on your wonderful creations which is soo frustrating! I can only comment if the comment box opens a new window. Hopefully all will be fixed soon! Rach :) x

Friday 30 September 2011

Less is More Week 34

I was very annoyed with myself that the glue didn't dry on time to submit my LIM card for last weeks 1000 entries Anything Goes challenge - sorry guys! I could get a photo as it kept falling apart!

So I tried extra hard this week!

No idea why Ive gone for silver wedding anniversary lol but I am very pleased with what I came up with!
Chrissie and Mandi gave us this fab sketch to work with:



Bit of an arty side view

I cut a heart out of white card smothered it in embossing ink and dunked it in my silver embossing powder. I think I did this three or four times until I was happy with how covered it was!
I haven't used my embossing powders for years and wonder why because I love them! I think the mess I manage to make stops me sometimes lol.

I printed the sentiment on to the card blank first using a free font  called "The only exception." I printed the word 'silver' in a very light grey so when I went over it in my quickie glue pen and glamour dust it looked silver and sparkly and I'm quite impressed!

What I used:
  • Craftwork Card card blank
  • Computer generated sentiment
  • Crystal glamour dust
  • Hand drawn heart covered in silver embossing powder
  • Hand drawn box with black fine liner pen
  • 4 x small crystal gems. 
I really do love this sketch and have a few more ideas for more cards, shame I have don't have enough time to try them all now I'm back at bloomin' Uni!!
Oh well lol.

Off to get ready for Guides - Cupcake Madness tonight nom nom nom!!

Hugs
Rachael xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow how beautiful, really gorgeous. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your silver heart, I love loads of embossing too!
    Mandi is the Queen of Glue and Glamour Dust. I love the twinkles too.
    Great card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a but like that, haven't embossed for years, then soon as you do you fall in love again!
    Superb heart. I think I may have made the heart peek out of the box slightly BUT, just thinking out loud, my style doesn't have to be yours lol
    Thank you, no probs on not making our 1000 week, good to see you again this week
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cas card rachael.i love the silver heart :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to peek at my blog :) I appreciate all of your comments - they really do make me smile!
Rachael xx