Commenting

Hi all! For some reason Blogger won't let me comment if the comment box is embedded into your posts so please dont think I am being rude - I honestly cant comment on your wonderful creations which is soo frustrating! I can only comment if the comment box opens a new window. Hopefully all will be fixed soon! Rach :) x

Friday 15 April 2011

Less is more?!

I think I may have made something that I can FINALLY enter into the Less is More challenge.
This weeks theme is a one layer card with a focus on the sentiment.

Now I freaked when I saw this last Saturday because I have nooo big sentiment stamps and have never ever made a one layer card!!!

It took a while to come up with something but I eventually remembered I had picked up a freebie digi kit called Life's Lemons from Pink Petticoat when I first discovered them a while ago (which I think you can still download if you have a rummage around!).

I remembered it had a great sentiment 'When life hand you lemons' and some lovely coordinating papers.

So I decided to go for a 5 by 5 inch square card and placed the big sentiment in the middle.I then chose one of the papers from the kits and placed it behind the sentiment.
       To make the thin border I placed a white square behind the sentiment until it was the perfect size. I then cut a a lemon slice topper from the topper sheet and placed it in the bottom right hand corner. This gave me the most trouble because I know it will come as a shock but I am still using Microsoft Publisher as my graphics programme lol and have decided that it is rubbish because I couldn't get it to go where I wanted!! Any suggestions of a decent graphic programme that it easy to use? My problem is that I don't have much time to play around with a new graphics programme and am quite impatient sometimes lol hence why Iv stuck with Publisher.

Anyway....... I coloured in the word 'lemons' with my Buttercup Promarker (as the letters were white in the middle) and added some Crystal stickles then decided to finish the sentiment off on the inside of the card with.....


I think its quite amusing lol and not what you really expect!

Right well I have gone on for long enough. I'm on Easter hols for the next two weeks but have a few mega assignments that need to be done before I go back to school.

                      I hope my first attempt is OK?? Hope you're all well!

               Rachael xxx

P.S Sorry for the naff photos! No idea what was wrong when I was snapping away this morning!

11 comments:

  1. this gave me chuckle love the sentiment as for a graphics prog I use my craft studio pro and love it and it's a lot cheaper than most graphic prog serif is good as well but I have only had a freebie out of a mag and found it quite hard to use but if you know what you are doing you can get stunning effects but I think you have done yourself proud Rachel well done
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Rachael, I'm in awe of your computer skills... but then I have an excuse... I'm old!
    I love the completion of the sentiment too|!
    Great to have you as a LIMette... and see you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teriffic use of the PP freebie, I have it too and have never used it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Rachael, and you did it all on publisher - I'm really impressed! Love the added sparkle. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! Clean, simple and fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunny card! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rach!! :)
    Well done getting your first LIM entry in!! Fab card- this kit is perfect for this time of year and I love the glitter!! :) Think I downloaded it last year, too, but never used it!! :)
    Will email with a link to the free graphics prog I use soon... if I forget then give me a virtual shove!!lol :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card (and the sentiment inside made me chuckle) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever card Rachel and clever ue of the digi images
    they are super!
    Great work
    Thank for entering Lovely to see you
    mandi
    Less is More
    Id rec Adobe Elements, its free to download

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card. I too use publisher - I can't seem to work anything else! I was told that if you zoom in, it allows you to place small items much better. Hope this helps. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to peek at my blog :) I appreciate all of your comments - they really do make me smile!
Rachael xx