Commenting

Hi all! For some reason Blogger won't let me comment if the comment box is embedded into your posts so please dont think I am being rude - I honestly cant comment on your wonderful creations which is soo frustrating! I can only comment if the comment box opens a new window. Hopefully all will be fixed soon! Rach :) x

Monday, 28 February 2011

Well I tried...

...and I tried pretty hard!!

Gran thought it was lovely and both her and Mam were impressed but I think after two days work it should have been more impressive than this but never mind.

Gran was rushed in to hospital last week because she was having trouble with her breathing and she had really low oxygen levels (it was 80 and should be 97-100!). Trying to tell her she needed to go in hospital was a nightmare though - at 80 year olds she lives on her own and still drives herself about - theres just no stopping her. So I thought the sentiment 'Take it easy Gran' was very fitting!


Anyway I saw this idea in a magazine last year sometime and after 2 hours of searching on the internet I could not find a tutorial or a close up photograph so it took me quite a while to make! I am no good at making boxes which is probs why it took so long lol.
                                         Well enough of my rambling this is what I used :
  • Penny Black's 'Baby Hammock' stamp -which I had to sort of alter because I didnt think the bear he was holding was appropriate so I rubbed the ink off with a tissue and drew the rest of the hammock in.
  • Promarkers
  • Forever Friends Spring Time backing paper
  • Purple card
  • Circle and scallop nesties 
  • Martha Stewart punch - Valentines present off the BF :) 
  • Wild Orchid Crafts roses with added Crystal stickles
I would like to enter it into the following challenges:

So Im off to finish my History assignment but will hopefully be back soon as I have finished another two cards this week (go me lol!!)

Hope you all have a good day!

Hugs

Rachael xxx

4 comments:

  1. What a fab project! Hours of work and I'm sure your Gran loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU for the inspiration Rachael!!! OMG this is such a great idea! I have some cute LOTV "get well" stamps and may have to work this idea!!! So cute and I bet your Gran loved it!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Rachael!! :)
    This is fab- been wanting to leave a comment to say so since you posted but... stupid hands!! :S The colours are so pretty and it's the perfect idea for the situation :) My G'parents are the same age and of the same mindset- can't stand to have to sit still and not be doing something!!- so this is the sentiment I put on my G'dad's card when he went into hosp!! :) Love that you tweaked the stamp for the job, too- I tend to get in a mess with that but I wouldn't know with yours!!lol
    Looking forward to your next cards!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to peek at my blog :) I appreciate all of your comments - they really do make me smile!
Rachael xx