Commenting

Hi all! For some reason Blogger won't let me comment if the comment box is embedded into your posts so please dont think I am being rude - I honestly cant comment on your wonderful creations which is soo frustrating! I can only comment if the comment box opens a new window. Hopefully all will be fixed soon! Rach :) x

Friday, 22 October 2010

A purple Christmas

I thought Id take a break from making my trefoil cupcakes for our Guide and Brownie Anniversary party tonight! 25 baked, iced and decorated with a blue trefoil! I have realised that my cake decorating skills are pretty none existent lol never mind they still taste yummy!
Anyway I was inspired by Rachel's Lili of the Valley bear card with all of the lovely shades of purple when I remembered I ordered a LOTV bear stamp last year and shame on me had never used it! (I am gonna blame the fact that I had placement over Christmas last year and must say that it RUINED Christmas so that is my excuse lol)

But here he is now in all his purple glory!


Coloured with promarkers and layered onto Pink Petticoats paper. I don't know why I went for the spots and stripes instead of snowflakes! I was trying something new and liked it for once lol.

I found some lovely glittery white flock in the local craft shop and it was only 99p so thought Id give it a go and think its turned out pretty well!

I have added some Wild Orchid Crafts roses with some added Stickles for a bit of sparkle and the sentiment is from a LOTV Christmas sentiment stamp set.

I would like to enter this into:

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge - Winter Fun

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge - Pastel Colours

Simple Doodles - Winter Warmers

Passion for Promarkers - Pink/white or purple/white Christmas

[Edit - Thanks Denise for the heads up - I would also like to enter this into Stamping Vacations challenge - Watch This - Bear Country]
Hope everyone is well in blogland!
Hugs

Rachael xx 

12 comments:

  1. Love the purples! The dotted paper is perfect for this adorable image! He's a sweety! The flocking looks great and I love those flowers!

    There's a challenge at Stamping Vacation called Watch This! and the movie is Bear Country. Your little guy would fit perfectly if you're interested!

    I have become a follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachael!! :)
    Oh, this is a gorgeous card!! :) The purple papers are such a pretty shade and the dotty one looks like snowflakes falling so is perfect- it's nice not to always use snowflakes on Xmas cards, I think!! I love the flowers, too- not something I'd tend to think of putting on an Xmas card but they really work!! :) And, ofc, you know I love those adorable bears!! :) Only wish I could buy all of them!! :)
    Thanks for the mention and link, too!! :)
    hope you're having a good weekend and that the cupcakes went down well last night!! I know from experience that crafting/artistic ability doesn't always translate into cake (or chocolate!!) decorating ability- it must take years for the professionals to perfect their techniques!!- but I'm sure yours looked and tasted great all the same!! ;)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Rachael, great image. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thank you for entering the Simple Doodles challenge - hope you can join us again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachael, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card.
    Thanks for joining in by LotV.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Rachel - such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card :) Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fab purple christmas card. Thank you for joining us t PfP this week, and good luck.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachael,
    This little fella is such a cutie. Your card looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty love your choice of image and colours, thanks for joining us at LOTV this week big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is very pretty & I love the colour combo. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to peek at my blog :) I appreciate all of your comments - they really do make me smile!
Rachael xx